Wednesday, September 15, 2010

30 Days of Me - Day 7 A picture of someone/something that has the biggest impact on you.

Day 07- A picture of someone/something that has the biggest impact on you.

'Impact' infers a sudden and almost dramatic effect.
Having a child is a rather sudden change so I could call the effect that having my son had on me was an impact. 
We sold our boat and moved countries to give him a better life.
We get up at death o'clock 3 mornings a week to get him to Water Polo practice.
And here I am sat at home when I should be at work cos hes asleep on the sofa coming down with something.
I'm sure there is a change at a cellular level to your being once you have a sproglet to care for. No matter how much you think it won't change your life. Believe me you are kidding yourself. Not forgetting all those gems they come out with which in his case are written down in a little notebook but these days would probably be tweeted. E.g. 'How do cows catch their prey?' and more recently 'Nature is Awesome' which was nice to hear that overused word in exactly the right context.
So 3 pics showing some of the different stages in his life so far.

Teach 'em young how to wash the car. (St Martin)

So I spot a rainbow, quick, quick sit here and look over there. Snap. Gotcha! One of my favourites (St Barts)
My, how they grow! Just last Feb up the back of Puhoi on the search for 'The Tree' Maybe I'll tell you about 'The Tree' another time.
Its awesome having one of these around, most of the time. 
Do it if you haven't already.

No comments:

Post a Comment